Saturday 28 May 2011

Za vashe zdarrav'ye

Ah yes this is a Russian phrase that I became very very familiar with last night as I had dinner in an Armenian rest.

Its 'to your good health'...............................as you knock back a shot of very chilled Russian vodka. Wasn't quite sure how to say it but suffice to say after a few toasts no hassle. And strangely enough standing up and roaring this I felt terribly Russian!!

The restaurant was about 20mins outside the city and the only one that serves pork!! Due to my enforced 'vegetarian' status I ordered chicken kiev thinking this was a pretty safe option. Well it wasn't - not sure exactly what it was exactly but thankfully one of the others was happy to share their pork - delicious. I tell you the Armernians sure know how to cook pork. So have had to rethink my 'vegetarian' status to include pork (only at this restaurant) and possibly chicken!!

Oh for anyone that will be travelling in these parts or Russia after some very careful, thorough research I can recommend a lovely beer - 'Bajithka 7' not quite sure what the 7 signifies but very drinkable and reasonable - E1.

As I type this I have 2 weeks of washing in the bath tub - omg hand washing is painful!! Must find laundromat asap!!

So from me to y'all good night!!

Happy Monday morning!!

Lainey xxx

2 comments:

  1. Great hearing from you and getting an insight into your new life albeit for 6mths. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having a great time! Hand washing is a pain - I hope you'll find a solution for that soon! The bed outside looks very comfy - jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete