Monday 7 November 2011

A few of the expats here have started a Sunday Pot Luck Brunch. It’s a great idea someone hosts and cooks a main dish, and everyone else brings along a dish. Gotten very used to this now and will miss when in Dublin. But maybe I can re-create???

This picture captures some of the crew – there were some camera shy folks. The champagne is not normal just a bottle someone had left over!!




Weather Changing:

It suddenly at the end of October got cold here – and well it gave me a small hint of what the real winter would be like.

This picture below is one of the heaters in the flat. I refuse to use it on grounds of personal H&S. Mind you if it was cold enough I am sure I would change my mind.





On the plus side:

·       No mosquitos/flies
·       No fruit flies and other particular insects crash landing into your food. (I dread to think how many bugs I have inadvertently managed to consume in the last while).
·       Ah its cool at night

However for all my moaning about the heat I have to say I would prefer the heat over the cold. Particularly here with limited electricity and water during the winter – I suspect I would struggle to cope!!!





Cooking Outdoors:

Challenging now that’s its dark in the evenings. I wear my little head light!!









Favourite Pictures: 
Yep taken a few while here see below for my personal favourites!!

Walking home from work one day and managed to capture beautiful picture. Sunset over Khujand bridge.


Chilling in the park when I saw these kids. Of course the little girl started to bawl when she saw me. But when she realised I wasn't some particular monster/alien her Mum and I managed to persuade  her to pose. So funny they are exactly mimicking how the adults do it. Here at weddings you don't smile for pictures - its considered a very serious occasion!!





Another Interesting Fruit
So I’ve been told the story about ‘fruits from heaven’. The fruits are: Pomegranate, Figs and Persimmon. They say they are from heaven well frankly because there are delicious!! Even better they are all grown locally here. Of course there is limited use of pesticides etc here which is why the fruit + veg here are amazing.

This picture below is the Persimmon. Oh it’s so good folks – sweet and tasty. Locals say there is chocolate inside. Honestly addicted to them. Have never tasted anything like it!!




As always from me to y’all good night!!!

Lainey xxx

PS: My Tajik friends are been so kind to me in presenting me with lovely gifts to take home. Between their gifts and my own stuff am worried will be overweight on the return leg!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment